Highclere Castle Gin
In keeping with Highclere Castle's grand tradition of entertaining the most prestigious of guests, we would like to invite you to taste the world's finest Estate Gin. Highclere Castle symbolises a legacy of elegance, hard work, passion and a reputation for perfection and Highclere Castle Gin was designed to reflect this ethos and celebrate the beauty of a by gone era, where elegance reigned supreme.
Distilled above an ancient underground water source, Highclere Castle Gin is a traditional London Dry Gin produced in England’s oldest gin distillery in an antique copper still which dates back to the 1800s.
The recipe was meticulously developed by Lord and Lady Carnarvon over two years, experimenting with botanicals grown here on the Highclere Estate and was influenced by our gardens. The taste and style begin with the juniper at the heart of the gin, to which is added the touch of lavender inspired by the borders in the Monks’ Garden, followed by lime flower and orange peel. As an unusual but delicious twist, Highclere’s acclaimed estate-grown oats have been woven into the botanical blend to give an exceptionally creamy palate and a long and memorable finish. These oats are grown on the high chalk downlands of the Highclere Farm. The winner of 18 gold awards, buy it, try it and gift it!
Highclere Castle Gin Competition - #IWannaWinGin
We are delighted to announce our Highclere Castle #IWannaWinGin Competition. We are offering the chance to win tickets for you and a guest to visit Highclere Castle for a summer opening tour, afternoon tea, and a cocktail with Luis, the butler. All you have to do is take a photo of your bottle of Highclere Castle Gin in a weird, wonderful, or wacky place and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #IWannaWinGin, and tag @highclere_castle and @highclerecastlegin.
Where to buy
Terms and Conditions
“Highclere Castle Gin - #IWannaWinGin” UK Terms and Conditions
The promoter is: Highclere Enterprises LLP of Estate Office, Highclere Park Highclere, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 9RN.
- The title of the competition is “#IWannaWinGin”.
- Win an invitation for you and one guest to visit Highclere Castle for a tour, afternoon tea, and a cocktail on a mutually agreed date during the Summer Public Opening Period with the promoter, by submitting your photographs of a bottle of Highclere Castle Gin in a ‘Weird, Wonderful, or Wacky’ setting.
How to enter
- The competition will run from 00:01 GMT on 2nd February 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 23:59 GMT on 28 February 2021 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
- All competition entries must be entered using the hashtag #IWannaWinGin , and tag @highclerecaslte and @highclerecastlegin. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
To enter the competition:
- Take a photo of a bottle of Highclere Castle Gin in a ‘Weird, Wonderful, or Wacky’ place.
- Upload your photo to Instagram, and use the hashtag #IWannaWinGin , and tag both @highclerecastle and @highclerecastlegin.
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- For help with entries, please contact the Highclere Castle Office on [email protected].
- Please see www.highclerecastle.co.uk for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
- The competition entries will be judged by a panel of three judges from Highclere Castle, based on the originality of their photograph, the level of skill and accomplishment and the level of ‘Weirdness, Wonderfulness, and Wackiness’. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
The competition is open to any participant aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- Entrants must have a valid email address and Instagram account to participate in the competition.
- This competition is only open to entrants based in the United Kingdom.
- The competition is open to any participant aged 18 years or over, except:
- The prize is an invitation for you and one guest (up to a total of two people) to visit Highclere Castle during normal Summer public opening for a tour, afternoon tea for two, and a cocktail each on a date agreed with the Promoter.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person are eligible to take up the prize in accordance with Condition 4 above.
- Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- We reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The winners of the competition will be announced on 31 March 2021 (Announcement Date) on the blog of the Countess of Carnarvon at www.ladycarnarvon.com/community, as well as the Instagram pages @highclerecastle and @highclerecastlegin.
- The decision of the judges nominated by the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the Instagram account through which the image was submitted.
Claiming the prize
- If you are a winner of the prize, the Promoter will send you message through Instagram private messaging in order to redeem your prize.
- You should respond to the direct message within 14 days its receipt. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize in accordance with this condition 7, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
By taking part in the competition you:
- Grant us (and our affiliates) a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, display, and exercise all publicity rights with respect to any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio, or any other materials that you post in relation to the competition (including as part of the entry process, participation in the competition or as part of a prize, or if you tag or mention @highclerecastle) in connection with the marketing, publicity and/or advertisement of the competition.
- Waive all moral rights.
- By taking part in the competition you:
Data protection and publicity
- If you are a winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winners of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.
2 February 2021