Highclere Castle Careers
Estate Team Member required for Highclere Castle & Estate
Highclere Castle & Estate requires a general Estates Team member to work alongside the estate manager. This role requires someone who is willing to turn their hand from general repairs and maintenance to assisting with Castle events set up. This is an excellent opportunity to work at a prestigious location with a close-knit team.
Highclere Castle is a well-known heritage property which attracts thousands of visitors. The estate takes great pride in the maintenance and care of our grounds and buildings both immediately surrounding the castle and tenanted houses across the estate. The successful candidate would ideally have some experience working with estates management / general grounds maintenance & repairs.
This is a hands-on position involving varied work to carry out all those duties associated with the role of general estates team member to the highest possible standards. To include (but not restricted to) the following:
- To assist in the maintenance of the Highclere Estate, grounds and built environment.
- Assisting with public opening & events where appropriate.
- Undertaking checks of infrastructure around the estate, from checking water, oil and utility meters to ensuring hard security of the estate is maintained.
- Cleaning and general maintenance of estate vehicles.
- Basic maintenance and cleaning of machinery and tools.
- To be proactive, using initiative and operating in a responsive and timely way in order to achieve the very best results.
- To have a flexible approach, the ability to multitask and prioritise tasks, work as part of a team and alone.
The position is full time with some occasional weekend work (5 days from 7). You will report to the Estate Manager and advisors.
To apply please either apply on Indeed or email a CV to [email protected]
The closing date for applications will be 9.00AM Monday the 11th October.
Reference ID: HCEstateSept2021
Expected start date: ASAP
Related keywords: general repairs, property maintenance, ground maintenance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00/ Hr
- Company pension
- Normal working hours 8.30AM – 5.00PM
- Working 5 days from 7.
- Occasional Weekends as required by rota
Experience / Skills:
- Basic knowledge in general property & grounds maintenance / repairs.
- You will be a good team worker who is enthusiastic and interested.
- Machinery / Chainsaw licenses (training will be provided for the right person).
- Driving License (essential)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place