Highclere Castle Events & Wedding Manager - Maternity Cover
Highclere Castle has an exciting opportunity for a full time maternity cover, Events and Wedding Manager position.
You should have experience of organising weddings, events and receptions, at a high quality venue, and have been involved in various parts of the process, from initial enquiry to the running of the event and invoicing.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated person who will also work well as part of a team in a busy office environment. It is essential that the candidate has a personable nature, a can-do attitude and an exceptional eye for detail along with clear planning and organisational skills. Excellent communication skills both written and spoken are an essential.
Applicants should be confident and competent working with a variety of computer software. Involvement in visitor experience, or having a previous public facing role would be desired. You should enjoy working in an environment where no two days are the same.
This is a full-time position, although given the nature of the industry the hours worked and tasks involved will inevitably vary from week to week. The successful candidate must therefore be flexible and willing to work some evenings and weekends on events as required.
This is a varied role with the main responsibilities including and not limited to: smooth running of day to day private events including private tours, private dining, public ticketed events and weddings throughout the year, telephone and email enquiries, general client support and overseeing of events, sales and bookings, website testing, diary management including show rounds. Data inputting on our CMS systems and invoicing for private events.
A more in-depth job description
- Working closely with heads of departments, including the Head Guide, Head Chef and Banqueting Manager to ensure the smooth running of events/tours
- Providing heads of departments with function sheets with details of each event.
- Having an interest in gaining a good knowledge of the history of the Castle in order to provide information or assistance with events and show rounds.
- The main contact for wedding enquiries and liaison with registrars and suppliers.
- Knowledge of hospitality and banqueting service styles for weddings and private dining events.
- Good liaison with registry office and registrars to check availability for wedding clients and reserve date for clients.
- Maintaining good supplier relationships for weddings and private events.
- Overseeing the sale of event tickets and website testing for upcoming events before release.
- First aid and fire safety trained. The first port of call for first aid when running an event.
- Good knowledge of the CMS/Database systems for data inputting and dealing with and invoicing along with stationary printing for events.
- Working closely with the IT Department with regards to website testing prior to ticket release.
- Good diary management and scheduling show rounds.
- Dealing with a high volume of telephone and email enquiries to ensure all customer enquiries or complaints are responded to within a reasonable time period and dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Working closely with the Event Manager working in the same office to provide relevant support with larger events and dividing responsibility for smaller events.
- Being flexible with working hours, with occasional evening and weekend work throughout the year.
- The role will require a general willingness to work as a team member and assist with any tasks that might reasonably be requested.
Salary range: £24,000 - £26,000 per annum.
Apply on Indeed.