How to get here
Highclere Castle lies to the west of London, not far from the M4 and Newbury. Oxford and Birmingham are to the north, Winchester and Southampton to the south. Please do not use a “sat nav” when close to Highclere Castle as this will bring you to the wrong entrance, but simply follow the brown tourist signs from the A34. If you do wish to use sat nav, use the postcode RG20 9LE and then follow the brown tourist signs to the main entrance.
Please click here for a Google map to get directions.
There is a good service from London Paddington to Newbury. Taxis can be found outside the station at Newbury. For details of railway timetables to Newbury Railway Station (NBY), please follow this link.
A taxi from Newbury Station to Highclere Castle takes approximately 15 minutes. Charges will vary on Sundays and over Bank Holidays. Alternatively, London Waterloo to Andover which is about 20 minutes away.
On your return to either station, you will need to book a taxi to come out to the Castle via telephone, taxis cannot be found waiting outside. See Taxi Companies below.
- Cabco: 01635 33333 | www.cabco33333.co.uk
- Wheels Taxis: 01635 821444 | www.wheelstaxis.co.uk
- Go Green Taxis: 01635 800 990 | www.gogreentaxisltd.co.uk
- Capital Taxi Tours – London’s Original Taxi Tour Company: 020 8590 3621 | 07970 911 223 | http://www.capitaltaxitours.co.uk/index.html
- Ave Cabs, Newbury: 01635 31212 | www.ave-cabs.com
- Apex Cars (Andover): 01264 355555, 01264 356689
This information is correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
Please call our 24-hour telephone information line on 01635 253204 to confirm before travelling.
Highclere Castle, Newbury RG20 9RN
Tel: 01635 253210 Fax: 01635 255315
E-mail: [email protected]
Highclere Castle is a trading name of Highclere Enterprises LLP, The Estate Office, Highclere Park, Newbury RG20 9RN