Public Opening Times and Prices
General Public Opening Times and Prices
We are open to the public on Sunday May 1st, Monday May 2nd and Tuesday May 3rd. Please check our website for any upcoming events and openings which will be announced on our events page and the Shop/Tickets section of the website.
2016 Opening Dates
All pre-booked tickets are now sold out for our Spring and Summer public open dates.
Although walk up tickets will be available each day we are open - these tickets are subject to availability and entrance to the Castle cannot always be guaranteed. Please see our open dates below:
Saturday 26th March - Sunday 10th April
1st, 2nd and 3rd May
29th, 30th and 31st May
- The Castle, grounds and gardens will be closed to visitors on Fridays and Saturdays during our Summer opening.
- On the late May Bank Holiday the 29th to 31st May 2016, we will have an event taking place on the Estate, so please be aware that there will be a higher volume of traffic on site which may slow access to and from the Estate.
During our Public Open dates in the Spring and Summer we do sell a number of tickets at the gate. These tickets are subject to availability and entrance to the Castle cannot always be guaranteed.
The Castle gardens, grounds and facilities on site are only open to visitors when the Castle is open on the above dates.
On the days we are open, the Grounds open at 9 am and the Castle is open from 10.30 am - 5pm.
- Castle Tickets are sold for Morning (10.30am -1pm) or Afternoon (1pm-4pm) admission via the Front Door
- The Tearooms are open from 10.00am - 5pm
- The Gift Shop is open from 9am-5.30pm
- Last admission to the Castle is at 4pm
- The Grounds and gates close to visitors at 6pm
Prices (2016 Public Opening)
|Ticket Category||Adult Price||
Over 60s, & Disabled)
Family (2 adults
& 2 or 3 children)
|Castle, Exhibition and Gardens||£22.00||£20.00||£13.50||£60.00|
|Castle and Gardens||£15.00||£13.50||£10.00||£40.00|
|Exhibition and Gardens||£15.00||£13.50||£10.00||£40.00|
*Children under the age of 4 receive complimentary entry and do not need a ticket. However, please note if your order does include an under 4 or a child ticket we regretfully cannot accommodate you for our set Afternoon Tea – our normal tearooms will be open as usual during our public open dates.
Visitors are welcome to enjoy the Gardens, Tea Rooms, and Gift Shop throughout the day and outside of the times stated on your tickets. Admission times refer to the period within which you should begin a visit to the Castle itself.
Last admission is at 4:00pm and the Estate closes at 6:00pm.
Please note that pre-booked tickets are non-refundable and as such we encourage you to take care when making your ticket selection. All tickets are issued as e-tickets and are sent via attachment to a confirmation email. Tickets may also be printed from your online account with Highclere Castle’s Gift Shop under ‘Shop & Tickets’.